Careers at Big Apple Moving & Storage
Big Apple offers a broad range of services, and we pride ourselves on the expertise and comprehensiveness of our staff. We’re always looking for new people to join us – whether you’re seasoned and experienced or just starting out, we are sure we have a position just for you. Take a look at our list of available jobs – we would be happy to have you with us.
At Big Apple we will do whatever we can to foster your potential and help you achieve excellence. Here are just a few of the advantages of a Big Apple career:
- Accommodating staff
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive pay
- Room for advancement
- Respectful working environment
- Onsite / Outside Sales – We’re seeking highly motivated go-getters to operate as onsite and outside sales representatives. Candidates should be capable of providing in-home and business estimations, able to convey clear information to potential clients, and represent us respectably and candidly. Our field agents are fully responsible for advocating and booking local, long distance, international and commercial moves, as well as storage services. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
- Inside sales – We’re looking for inside sales agents responsible for taking incoming calls and booking various services, including local, long distance, international, and commercial moves, as well as storage services. Candidates should have a full understanding the moving process and an ability to explain the details of every type of relocation we offer. Ideally, the candidate will also be able to discern the client’s needs and suggest the appropriate services and suggestions to accommodate each customer individually. If you feel this describes you, and would like the opportunity eager to learn and advance within our company, please apply – we’d be happy to have you join us.
- Drivers – We’re looking for truck drivers to perform local and long haul client relocations over 48 states. We insist on a drug-free working environment, and all candidates are subject to drug testing, and must provide evidence of a clean criminal background. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and possess a clean driving record. An ideal candidate for the position will be an experienced driver that adheres to DOT laws, who is personable and able to perform well in a team setting.
- Dispatch coordinators – We’re looking for dispatch coordinators to oversee our customers’ relocation. The position will require routing and coordinating our trucks. Candidates should have geographical knowledge of the locations of states and cities. An ideal candidate will also have a comprehensive background in DOT laws and regulations. Must be able to multi-task, adhere to a tight schedule, and to perform well in a fast-paced work environment.
We take great care to maintain an attentive working environment, where every employee is encouraged and aided in achieving their personal career goals. We believe in rewarding success, and your achievements and efforts will never go unnoticed – at Big Apple, hard work pays off, and accomplishments are readily celebrated with fun activities and appealing incentives. By joining our team, you become part of a family. Our employees, and their own families, are given the utmost respect and support. We are constantly generating new opportunities for our employees to outdo themselves and rise to new challenges, progress their status within our company, and make a difference.
Despite gaining international renown, Big Apple has always been true to its roots as ‘hometown movers’. Since our foundation on 1979, we’ve helped countless families and businesses relocate throughout the US, as well as abroad. Creative, pioneering ideas have driven us into the 21st century and expanded our business far beyond anything our founder could have imagined. By joining Big Apple, you can rest assured that you have found a company that is well-founded, deep-rooted, and stable both financially and in terms of performance. We have always been, and will continue to be, on the cutting-edge of the moving industry. Our ever-growing company is the ideal environment to foster your potential, and advance your status within our ranks as a successful employee.